A cooperation in favour of equestrian tourism
The FITE on a mission in Morocco: since October 2020, the FITE is involved in a project to develop equestrian tourism in the region of Fez-Meknes in Morocco. The objective of this decentralized cooperation is to accompany the Fez-Meknes region and the various stakeholders of this territory in :
- the creation,
- the professionalization,
- and the diffusion of an equestrian route of 180 kilometers.
Alongside the Fédération Internationale de Tourisme Equestre (FITE), the project also brings together the NETO France, the Centre-Val de Loire region, the Centre-Val de Loire Regional Equitation Committee (CRE CVL), the Fez-Meknes region, the Pays de Grande Sologne and the Ifrane National Park, a veritable Moroccan "green lung" renowned for its attractiveness and its impressive natural resources.
Several discussions with the partners
A delegation composed of the FITE and the ONTE France went to Morocco at the end of March in the province of Ifrane to meet with Moroccan stakeholders and make a state of play of the project progress.
The delegation met:
- Hakima BEL-KASSAOUI, Vice-president of the Fès-Meknès Region,
- Meryem OUDAANI, Ifrane Provincial delegate of tourism,
- Mohammed MOUKHLISS, Director of the Ifrane National Park,
as well as managers of equestrian establishments:
- Azzedine MSEFER, President of the Equestrian center Ain Amyer of Fez,
- Omar JAID, Manager of the equestrian center Atlas Crown,
- Mbarek ZEMMARI, Manager of the Vallon Vert.
The delegation was accompanied by Anas ANSARI, head of the International Cooperation Department at the Fez-Meknes Region and Maëva LE GUIDEC, in charge of monitoring the cooperation between the Fez-Meknes Region and the Centre-Val de Loire Region.
« La FITE, forte de son expérience et de ses travaux accompagne les partenaires marocains dans la structuration de leur projet de développement du tourisme équestre » a précisé Frédéric Bouix, Président de la FITE, à l’issue de cette visite au Maroc.
— Access to the works of the FITE
The next work steps are:
- the development of tourism and of the local economy,
- la sensibilisation et la protection de l’environnement,
- with as a major asset the Arabian horse, emblematic breed of the country and horse of excellence for equestrian tourism.